Dragon Experience 2 Sunglasses - Style DescriptionDragon Experience 2 Sunglasses are following up on the success of Rob Machado's Experience frame. Dragon took a mellow step down and created the Experience 2 Sunglass. With the same vibe and style as it's bigger, in-your-face predecessor, the Experience 2 comes in a scaled down version that compromises on size, not on flavor.
Buy Dragon Experience 2 Sunglasses in Berry / Rose Gradient online at the Sunglass Garage today!
Dragon Experience 2 Sunglasses - Technical Details
- Grilamid Frame Material: Injection molded nylon based thermoplastic material. Used widely in sunglass industry. Extremely lightweight and durable. Great for performance and lifestyle frames. Can achieve wide range of colors and patterns with this material.
- SPHERICAL LENSES: Constructed from sections cut from a spherical surface. Spherical lenses have a constant curvature across all sections of the lens.
- BASE CURVE: Measure of the general shape of a lens - the curvature of the front surface. The higher the base curve, the more wrap in the lens and in turn, the frame.
- 6 Base Curve: Flatter look to the lenses than an 8 Base. Lens has constant curvature of 6.
- Polycarbonate Lens Material: Made of the toughest, most shatter resistant material. Lighter than glass, comfortable, and much more impact resistant than glass lenses.
- 5 Barrel Stainless Steel Hinge
- 100% UV Protection
- Made in Italy
- 2 Year Warranty: Against manufacturer defects
- Medium Fit
- Medium Coverage
About Dragon Alliance
Since the beginning, Dragon set out to be the leading independent eyewear and accessories brand in the active youth lifestyle market by supporting the best athletes with the best product, while remaining connected to core retailers and consumers. That mission still holds true today and is the driving force behind the company's success and heritage.
In 1993, in a garage in Capo Beach, CA, founder Will Howard aimed to build a company that encompassed his passions for surfing, snowboarding, and riding dirt bikes. Enthusiasm and knowledge of the market bore Dragon's first and still primary product, sunglasses. The company began distributing to local surf shops before expanding to Hawaii and Florida, and later Australia and other international markets.
Dragon gradually extended its reach as well, developing innovative, diversified products in all eyewear categories. With an emphasis on creating functional, high-quality merchandise that appealed to the youth market and pushed the status quo, Dragon introduced a number of innovative products early on. "We saw an opportunity to add snow goggles to the lineup by aligning ourselves with the emerging snowboard market," says founder Will Howard. "We loved riding and realized snowboarders were treated as second-class citizens just like we were as a start-up, so we thought that would be a good match." From there, Dragon recruited snowboarders Jamie Lynn, Chris Roach, and a few others. Many years and many ride days later, Dragon has established itself as a leader in the snow goggle business.
More recently, Dragon's innovative approach has lead to further market-leading developments, including the first-ever sunglasses and goggles made from 100% renewable origins. The development of the ECO (Environmentally Conscious Optics) series, a product originally inspired by longtime Dragon team surfer Rob Machado, represents the ambitious, avant-garde, athlete-inspired mindset that Dragon was founded upon.
Through it all, Dragon has continued to be true to its roots. Original snow team rider Jamie Lynn, along with Dragon's first surf team rider, Shane Dorian, remain on the team roster today. With top-tier product and athletes in mind, Dragon's roster has grown to include some of the best surfers, snowboarders, moto riders, and wakeboarders in the world.
Still run by the founder, Dragon remains a free-thinking alternative brand that appeals to the core participants of action sports. Dragon endures as one of the few independent brands in its field, and will continue to grow and lead the youth lifestyle market.