Gargoyles Flux Sunglasses - Style Description
At the heart of the Z87.1+ rated collection, Gargoyles Flux Sunglasses present a sleek, confident look with the advantage of an unobstructed vertical viewing plane due to its semi-rimless construction. Made of TR90-NZZ and tested at over 11 times stronger than hinges made of regular TR90, Gargoyles G-Loc hinges deliver solid performance every time, whether on the field of battle or firing up the backyard barbeque. Gargoyles' signature lens formula means Gargoyles Flux Sunglasses contain superior optics with pin-point precision. All Gargoyles lenses are ballistic-rated - meeting or exceeding ANSI Z871.1+ impact standards - and offer superior optics along with anti-reflective and oleophobic treatments to repel water, resist smudging, and make cleaning easier. Gargoyles Flux Sunglasses are ready to work as hard as you are.
Buy your Gargoyles Flux Sunglasses in White / Smoke Plasma Mirror online at the Sunglass Garage today! Free USA Shipping Available. Full Manufacturer's Warranty.
Gargoyles Flux Sunglasses - Technical Details
- Rx-Compatible: Yes
- Features and Benefits: ANSI Z87.1+, Anti-Reflective, Polarized, Mirrored, Oleophobic, Rx-Compatible
- Frame Material: Constructed of TR-90 NZZ, one the most resilient materials on the market, and 11 times stronger than TR-90, the material used by most other sunglass manufacturers. TR-90 NZZ frames possess an internal memory that defaults to its original state when stressed.
- Protection Level: (ANSI) Z87.1+
- Shape: Oval
- UV Protection: Blocks 100% harmful UVA, UVB and UVC radiation. All Gargoyles lenses block a minimum of UV400.
- Eye Size: 68mm
- Temple Length: 125mm
- Bridge Size: 17.5mm
Gargoyles Sunglass Technology
Gargoyles mission is simple: protect your eyes, at all costs. Gargoyles infused the latest research and hottest innovations into their sunglasses from the very start of their company. They transformed the sunglass industry in the process. Every pair of Gargoyles sunglasses now combines the legacy of yesterday with the echnology of today, providing superior protection and pinpoint optics in premium sunglasses that are of the highest quality. Your investment in a pair of Gargoyles sunglasses will be one that will last for years to come.
Most people think that the only reason to wear sunglasses is to block the sun. But that is really only the beginning. Gargoyles sunglasses don't just shield your eyes from harmful UV rays. They also provide sharp contrasts and accurate depth perception, so you can clearly see everything in your path. Every last detail that goes into the manufacturing of Gargoyles lenses is designed to improved optics and give you better vision.
Gargoyles lenses aren't just made - they're crafted. Gargoyles Z87.1+ rated lenses are made of ballistic-designed, high-index polycarbonate for incredible strength without added weight. They're optimized with high tech lens coatings to reduce glare while enhancing protection. The result is a lens of unparalleled quality and durability.
All Gargoyles lenses meet or exceed US and ANSI regulations and standards for UVA, UVB and UVC protection and the Z87.1+ rated products impact resistance is ballistic tested. They're designed to provide optimal coverage and block ancillary light. Gargoyles lenses don't just protect your eyes, they shield them too.
Gargoyles superior lenses must be housed in premium frames. Gargoyles frames have two simple requirements: (1) they must be made from highest quality materials in the world, and (2) they must withstand ANSI-specified levels of punishment without failure. Gargoyles sunglasses are built to last, no matter what.
As you probably know by now, not all sunglasses are created equal. Gargoyles understands that everyone requires something a little bit different from their sunglasses. That's why different models use different materials, each with their own special strengths. Whatever needs you may have, Gargoyles has a pair that works for you. Not sure which sunglasses are best for your situation? Sunglass Garage is here to help... Give us a call or shoot us an email and we'll guide you to the perfect pair.
Some brands' sunglasses are simply accessories. But Gargoyles sunglasses function as serious, protective gear that is built to last. By combining the strongest materials with sophisticated construction techniques, Gargoyles sunglasses can withstand more punishment than you'd think. Put 'em to the test and let us know how tough you think they are.
Gargoyles Technical Definitions:
ANSI Z87.1+ is at the center of the Gargoyles protection philosophy, and all styles in this category meet or exceed ANSI Z87.1+ standards for high mass and high velocity impact, coverage and optical clarity. Excellent for military, law enforcement, and first-responder professionals.
ANSI Z87.1+ HIGH VELOCITY TEST
A quarter-inch steel projectile is shot at the lenses at 165 km/hr. The sunglasses must be able to take this punishment without the lenses cracking, breaking, falling out of the frame, or touching the eye.
ANSI Z87.1+ PRISM TEST
Two lasers are aligned to match up to a single point from a 35 foot
distance. Sunglasses are then placed in front of the two beams. In
order to pass this test, the beams must maintain their original
pinpoint trajectory and meet at the same point as before, showing
that the glasses do not distort light positively or negatively.
While other sunglasses distort the direction of the laser beam,
Gargoyles maintains the original pinpoint optics.
ANSI Z87.1+ VISUAL CLARITY TEST
A resolution chart is placed at a distance of 20 feet, with lines at
both the X and Y axis. When the sunglasses are placed in front of an
eyepiece, the viewer must be able to see at least 20 lines of
resolution from 20 feet away clearly and distinctly without any
blurring or distortion.
OLEOPHOBIC AND ANTI-REFLECTIVE TREATMENTS
All Gargoyles sunglasses feature oleophobic and anti-reflective
treatments to repel water, oil, and smudges, and to reduce glare.
These treatements work together to facilitate cleaning, increase the
lens' resistance to scratching, and improve the overall visual
The Benefits of Lens Color
Read the definitions below to determine which lens color might be right for you:
GREY / SMOKE LENS -
- Grey/Smoke Lenses provide true color accuracy by transmitting light uniformly across the spectrum.
- Grey/Smoke Lenses are ultra-wearable for everyday UV protection.
- Grey/Smoke Lenses reduce eye fatigue for improved visual clarity.
- Grey/Smoke Lenses reduces glare, especially off water.
- Grey/Smoke Lenses are good for driving, baseball, tennis, football, soccer, water sports, and all other outdoor activities.
- Grey/Smoke Lenses are good in all weather conditions, varying from sunny to overcast.
CLEAR LENS -
- Clear Lenses provide true color perception.
- Clear Lenses are good for general eye protection.
- Clear Lenses work best for indoor use.
BROWN / AMBER LENS -
- Brown/Amber Lenses improve contrast.
- Brown/Amber Lenses contains a red element to enhance depth perception.
- Brown/Amber Lenses filter blue radiation to produce a relaxing effect.
- Brown/Amber Lenses are good for golf, tennis, high-altitude/mountain sports, fishing, boating/sailing, or anytime where distance needs to be judged.
- Brown/Amber Lenses work well in partly cloudy to sunny conditions.
- Rose/Vermilion Lenses enhance visual depth.
- Rose/Vermilion Lenses reduce eye strain.
- Rose/Vermilion Lenses provide good visibility on the road.
- Rose/Vermilion Lenses are comforting to the eyes.
- Rose/Vermilion Lenses help adjust contrast.
- Rose/Vermilion Lenses are great for cycling, racing, shooting.
- Rose/Vermilion Lenses work well in most weather conditions, especially snow.
- Green Lenses transmit all colors evenly.
- Green Lenses are good for everyday wear.
- Green Lenses dim glare while brightening shadows.
- Green Lenses are good for all outdoor activities.
- Green Lenses work well in both rain or shine conditions.
- Yellow Lenses provide greater clarity in fog, haze, and other low-light conditions.
- Yellow Lenses filter out blue light that can make focusing difficult.
- Yellow Lenses are great for skiing, mountain biking, hunting, aviation, tennis, and target shooting.
- Yellow Lenses are good for sunrise and sunset. They are also good in foggy or hazy conditions.
What is the purpose of a gradient lens?
- A gradient lens is darker at the top of the lens for added protection. And it becomes gradually more transparent toward the bottom of the lens.
- Gradient lenses allow you to see in varying light conditions and varying distances. For example: While driving, the highly concentrated shading at the top of the lens allows for glare reduction while the lighter shading at the bottom of the lens allows the driver to read the instrument panel clearly.
Are Gargoyles gradient lenses polarized?
- YES! Gargoyles gradient lenses are, indeed, polarized. Gargoyles combines their gradient technology with all of the advantages of a polarized lens. The result is best of both technologies combined into one lens.
ABOUT GARGOYLES EYEWEAR
In 1979, Dennis Burns, founder of Gargoyles, revolutionized an entire industry with the invention of the Toric lens. Dennis noticed that flat sunglass lenses left the eyes more exposed to the elements and contemporary curved lenses were causing visual distortion and stress on the eyes. This innovation became the basis of a brand. His solution was the Toric Curve Lens. A shape that allowed light to transmit directly to the eye. No refraction, no distortion. By the early 80's, the Toric lens became the technology foundation for the Gargoyles Performance Eyewear collection. Precision-molded and hand-finished, the design provided 210 degrees of wraparound protection. The Toric Curve Lens offers the ultimate solution. with precise geometry, the Toric Lens allows light to transmit directly to the eye. No refraction, no distortion. Light rays converge precisely on each retina, giving each eye its own center of focus and providing the viewer with clearer, sharper sight.
By the early 1980s, the Toric Lens had birthed a line of performance sunglasses that are proudly called Gargoyles. Precision-molded and hand-finished, their unique Wrap-Back design gives 210 degrees of wraparound protection. Seen with these sunglasses, objects appear exactly where they are. Today, they continue to offer the most advanced, optically correct sunglass lenses worldwide, with realigned focus for work, sport, outdoor and military applications. The Toric Lens DNA continues to lead in optical quality and drive the collection's originality, invention and spirit in more instrumental ways than ever before.
The G7 Gargoyles True Vision System is guaranteed to enhance everyday living or mission oriented pursuits.