Gargoyles Squall Sunglasses - Style Description
Gargoyles Squall Sunglasses are certainly an easy-to-wear shape, but don't let that fool you. Protection is still its core characteristic, as it withstands the same impact level as our styles in the ANSI Z87.1+ range. The reduced side coverage of these Gargoyles Squall Sunglasses lightens the profile without sacrificing the robustness of the Gargoyles G-Loc Hinge. All Gargoyles lenses are ballistic-rated to meet or exceed ANSI Z87.1+ impact and optical standards and feature anti-reflective and oleophobic treatments to repel water, resist smudging, and make cleaning easier. Gargoyles Squall Sunglasses will look as good as they function. We think you'll agree.
Buy your Gargoyles Squall Sunglasses in Black / Smoke online at the Sunglass Garage today! Free USA Shipping Available. Full Manufacturer's Warranty.
Gargoyles Squall Sunglasses - Technical Details
- Rx-Compatible: Yes
- Features and Benefits: ANSI Z87.1+,
- Frame Material: Constructed of TR-90 NZZ, one
resilient materials on the market, and 11 times stronger than
TR-90, the material used by most other sunglass manufacturers.
TR-90 NZZ frames possess an internal memory that defaults to its
original state when stressed.
- Protection Level: (ANSI) Protection+
- Shape: Oval
- UV Protection: Blocks 100% harmful UVA, UVB
radiation. All Gargoyles lenses block a minimum of UV400.
- Eye Size: 68mm
- Temple Length: 128mm
- Bridge Size: 16mm
Gargoyles Sunglass Technology
Gargoyles mission is simple: protect your eyes, at all
costs. Gargoyles infused the latest research and
hottest innovations into their sunglasses from the very start of
their company. They transformed the sunglass industry in the
process. Every pair of Gargoyles sunglasses now combines the
legacy of yesterday with the
technology of today, providing superior protection and pinpoint
optics in premium sunglasses that are of the highest quality. Your
investment in a pair of Gargoyles sunglasses will be one that will
last for years to come.
Most people think that the only reason to wear sunglasses is to
block the sun. But that is really only the beginning. Gargoyles
sunglasses don't just shield your eyes from harmful UV rays. They
also provide sharp contrasts and accurate depth perception, so you
can clearly see everything in your path. Every last detail that
goes into the manufacturing of Gargoyles lenses is designed to
improved optics and give you better vision.
Gargoyles lenses aren't just made - they're crafted. Gargoyles
Z87.1+ rated lenses are made of ballistic-designed, high-index
polycarbonate for incredible strength without added weight.
They're optimized with high tech lens coatings to reduce glare
while enhancing protection. The result is a lens of unparalleled
quality and durability.
All Gargoyles lenses meet or exceed US and ANSI regulations and
standards for UVA, UVB and UVC protection and the Z87.1+ rated
products impact resistance is ballistic tested. They're
designed to provide optimal coverage and block ancillary light.
Gargoyles lenses don't just protect your eyes, they shield them
Gargoyles superior lenses must be housed in premium frames.
Gargoyles frames have two simple requirements: (1) they must be
made from highest quality materials in the world, and (2) they
must withstand ANSI-specified levels of punishment without
failure. Gargoyles sunglasses are built to last, no matter what.
As you probably know by now, not all sunglasses are created
equal. Gargoyles understands that everyone requires something a
little bit different from their sunglasses. That's why different
models use different materials, each with their own special
strengths. Whatever needs you may have, Gargoyles has a pair that
works for you. Not sure which sunglasses are best for your
situation? Sunglass Garage
is here to help... Give us a call or shoot us an email and we'll
guide you to the perfect pair.
Some brands' sunglasses are simply accessories. But Gargoyles
sunglasses function as serious, protective gear that is built to
last. By combining the strongest materials with sophisticated
construction techniques, Gargoyles sunglasses can withstand more
punishment than you'd think. Put 'em to the test and let us know
how tough you think they are.
Gargoyles Technical Definitions:
Gargoyles Protection+ sunglasses are comprised of lenses that meet or exceed ANSI Z87.1+ standards for impact resistance and clarity, housed in frames that incorporate less wrap styling than Z87.1+ styles. This combination results in a highly functional, protective sunglass with a versatile look.
OLEOPHOBIC AND ANTI-REFLECTIVE TREATMENTS
All Gargoyles sunglasses feature oleophobic and anti-reflective
treatments to repel water, oil, and smudges, and to reduce glare.
These treatements work together to facilitate cleaning, increase the
lens' resistance to scratching, and improve the overall visual
The Benefits of Lens Color
Read the definitions below to determine which lens color might be right for you:
GREY / SMOKE LENS -
- Grey/Smoke Lenses provide true color accuracy by transmitting light uniformly across the spectrum.
- Grey/Smoke Lenses are ultra-wearable for everyday UV protection.
- Grey/Smoke Lenses reduce eye fatigue for improved visual clarity.
- Grey/Smoke Lenses reduces glare, especially off water.
- Grey/Smoke Lenses are good for driving, baseball, tennis, football, soccer, water sports, and all other outdoor activities.
- Grey/Smoke Lenses are good in all weather conditions, varying from sunny to overcast.
CLEAR LENS -
- Clear Lenses provide true color perception.
- Clear Lenses are good for general eye protection.
- Clear Lenses work best for indoor use.
BROWN / AMBER LENS -
- Brown/Amber Lenses improve contrast.
- Brown/Amber Lenses contains a red element to enhance depth perception.
- Brown/Amber Lenses filter blue radiation to produce a relaxing effect.
- Brown/Amber Lenses are good for golf, tennis, high-altitude/mountain sports, fishing, boating/sailing, or anytime where distance needs to be judged.
- Brown/Amber Lenses work well in partly cloudy to sunny conditions.
- Rose/Vermilion Lenses enhance visual depth.
- Rose/Vermilion Lenses reduce eye strain.
- Rose/Vermilion Lenses provide good visibility on the road.
- Rose/Vermilion Lenses are comforting to the eyes.
- Rose/Vermilion Lenses help adjust contrast.
- Rose/Vermilion Lenses are great for cycling, racing, shooting.
- Rose/Vermilion Lenses work well in most weather conditions, especially snow.
- Green Lenses transmit all colors evenly.
- Green Lenses are good for everyday wear.
- Green Lenses dim glare while brightening shadows.
- Green Lenses are good for all outdoor activities.
- Green Lenses work well in both rain or shine conditions.
- Yellow Lenses provide greater clarity in fog, haze, and other low-light conditions.
- Yellow Lenses filter out blue light that can make focusing difficult.
- Yellow Lenses are great for skiing, mountain biking, hunting, aviation, tennis, and target shooting.
- Yellow Lenses are good for sunrise and sunset. They are also good in foggy or hazy conditions.
What is the purpose of a gradient lens?
- A gradient lens is darker at the top of the lens for added protection. And it becomes gradually more transparent toward the bottom of the lens.
- Gradient lenses allow you to see in varying light conditions and varying distances. For example: While driving, the highly concentrated shading at the top of the lens allows for glare reduction while the lighter shading at the bottom of the lens allows the driver to read the instrument panel clearly.
Are Gargoyles gradient lenses polarized?
- YES! Gargoyles gradient lenses are, indeed, polarized. Gargoyles combines their gradient technology with all of the advantages of a polarized lens. The result is best of both technologies combined into one lens.
ABOUT GARGOYLES EYEWEAR
In 1979, Dennis Burns, founder of Gargoyles, revolutionized an entire industry with the invention of the Toric lens. Dennis noticed that flat sunglass lenses left the eyes more exposed to the elements and contemporary curved lenses were causing visual distortion and stress on the eyes. This innovation became the basis of a brand. His solution was the Toric Curve Lens. A shape that allowed light to transmit directly to the eye. No refraction, no distortion. By the early 80's, the Toric lens became the technology foundation for the Gargoyles Performance Eyewear collection. Precision-molded and hand-finished, the design provided 210 degrees of wraparound protection. The Toric Curve Lens offers the ultimate solution. with precise geometry, the Toric Lens allows light to transmit directly to the eye. No refraction, no distortion. Light rays converge precisely on each retina, giving each eye its own center of focus and providing the viewer with clearer, sharper sight.
By the early 1980s, the Toric Lens had birthed a line of performance sunglasses that are proudly called Gargoyles. Precision-molded and hand-finished, their unique Wrap-Back design gives 210 degrees of wraparound protection. Seen with these sunglasses, objects appear exactly where they are. Today, they continue to offer the most advanced, optically correct sunglass lenses worldwide, with realigned focus for work, sport, outdoor and military applications. The Toric Lens DNA continues to lead in optical quality and drive the collection's originality, invention and spirit in more instrumental ways than ever before.
The G7 Gargoyles True Vision System is guaranteed to enhance everyday living or mission oriented pursuits.